Outpatient services provided by the Istituto Pio XII Centre for Diagnosis, Treatment, and Rehabilitation of Children with Asthma are:
- Daytime diagnosis
- Day hospital
- Clinical assessment
This type of service is generally provided to those coming to the Pio XII for the first time.Starting with a detailed medical history and analysis of the current state of health, the objective of the medical and nursing personnel is to arrive at a detailed and precise assessment of the patient’s pathology using multiple diagnostic techniques.
This service is considered a sort of check-up, and, as such, can be done one or more times over the course of a year.The purpose is monitoring and controlling the clinical situation, patient respiratory functionality, and confirming adherence to the therapy and medical instruction provided by doctors and nurses.
This kind of service is performed when admission is required. Once the visit is concluded, the doctor will issue a personalised Treatment Plan for the patient specifying a schedule for the admission and rehabilitation. This document must be given to and approved by the family doctor and the patient’s local NHS office.
Patients residing in the Veneto region
The provision of services under the National Health System (not subject to any ticket fee) requires:
- For outpatient services: a prescription from the family paediatrician or doctor
- For admissions: a prescription from the family paediatrician or doctor and approval by the patient’s local NHS office
Patients residing in other regions
The provision of services under the National Health System (not subject to any ticket fee) for outpatient services and admissions requires a prescription from the family paediatrician or doctor and approval by the patient’s local NHS office.
For all patients (residents in Veneto or in other regions) it is possible to access outpatient and admissions services without going through the NHS by paying for them directly.
To access outpatient services the following documents are required, to be presented during the visit:
1. Prescription from the family’s paediatrician or doctor, either written on a regional prescription form or electronic form with the following phrase:
- for DAYTIME DIAGNOSIS → “Daytime diagnosis for muscular dystrophy, congenital disability, multiple sclerosis, ALS, or infantile asthma in intensive outpatient rehabilitation centres and units – code 99.99.41
- for DAY HOSPITAL → “ Day hospital for asthma in intensive outpatient rehabilitation centres and units – code 99.99.44”
- for CLINICAL ASSESSMENT →“Clinical assessment (for all kinds of diagnosis) in intensive outpatient rehabilitation centres and units – code 99.99.40”
2. Patient’s NHS card
3. Patient’s personal fiscal code
4. Clinical documentation corresponding to the patient’s medical history and any previous visits to the Istituto Pio XII (including any x-rays or test results).
The provision of these services is possible any day of the year, including Saturday, Sunday, and holidays, by appointment.
Appointments can be made through the Appointments and Reception Office, which provides information regarding the facility, its services, and access.
The office is open every day from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and can be contacted at the following numbers:
It is also possible to set an appointment by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org